Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

changing my name at companies house

(4 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Tue 15-Mar-05 14:16:23

Does anyone know what i need in the way of paperwork in order to get my name changed at companies house?

I have decided to change my surname (got married in Oct) - but we only have a Spanish marriage cert. In order to get a UK one i have to pay lots of money, jump through some hoops and send some things to Madrid, which they will file somewhere, play on their nintendo and get back to me maybe a month later.

BUT accountant says there is some form which needs to be filled in soon which should have the change on it.

What do i have to do? Am highly tempted not to change my name after all due to it being too much palaver.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 15-Mar-05 14:16:51

PS am a director of a Ltd company, hence the need to tell companies house.

Gwenick Tue 15-Mar-05 14:20:00

don't know but here's the phone number

0870 33 33 636


email address - hopefully they'll be able to tell you

phatcat Tue 15-Mar-05 14:35:10

Senora - is your acountant referring to this form? AFAIK that's all you need to fill in - don't think you need to 'prove' the name change.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: