Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Any legal bods on here who can tell me whether this is rubbish or has truth in it? Boring companies question

(3 Posts)
0987 Tue 04-Nov-08 11:50:03

Someone has contacted our company to say that he is working with a group ('in conjuction wtih a top london solicitor') who work to discredit companies that they suspect of mismanagement through drip feeding innuendo to the media. 75% of cases they take on are settled out of court.

Now this sounds like old fashioned blackmail to me but is there any truth in it? do organisations like this exist?

0987 Tue 04-Nov-08 12:02:26

paranoid bump

annh Tue 04-Nov-08 14:34:26

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me - but that is a totally unqualified opinion. why did this person contact you - because they believe you are one of these mis-managed companies? If so, what was his suggestion to you? That you pay him money to go away, or that you retain his company to eliminate your mis-management, or something else? No legitimate company could exist on drip feeding "innuendo" to the media. No reliable publication is going to publish baseless rumours, particularly on small companies (which I assume you are). If you are confident that your company is being managed corrctly, you could sue for libel.

What is supposed to be your next step here? Do you have the name of the company?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now