Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help really needed pls

(14 Posts)
HelpWhatDoIDo Mon 03-Nov-08 23:44:34

I'm a namechanger for now. My DD goes to nursery 5 days a week for most of the day, whilst i've gone back to college to study and work part time. so i pay every month for daycare. tonight i've got home from work to a letter stating there is £155.50 o/s - received on friday an invoice for the new month of november, today the letter was about the o/s £155.50 and stating today was my DD last day at nursery. last week my tax credits and wages were messed up, which was due to be paid friday 31st, and i've been trying to sort today, to go in tomorrow and state that i can pay all of nov's invoice off by end of next week, as everything should be sorted by then. tax credits have promised to pay monies due to me thursday so i can pay o.s off. What do i do, if i've lost childcare place, means i can't go to college or work, and i can't afford not to work. Do you think they would be understanding, and DD would be really upset if she didn't go to nursery as she loves it there.

Tortington Mon 03-Nov-08 23:46:13

i am sure if you haven't got a history of messing them about they will be fine

HelpWhatDoIDo Mon 03-Nov-08 23:54:26

custy i've never not paid, i even volunteer to work in the nursery 2 afternoons a week.

Tortington Tue 04-Nov-08 00:04:30

oh am sure that they will be fine - they know your character, dont worry about it , see them as soon as

HelpWhatDoIDo Tue 04-Nov-08 00:06:33

i would of explained this morning, but no one was in the office, and my mum said, 2 of DD teachers said see you tomorrow, so if admin said today was her last day, surely they would of informed them?

Tortington Tue 04-Nov-08 00:14:29

it will be fine.

stop worrying.

look at it this way, unless you signed for the letter - it could have been mislaid or lost.

so they can't just lock you out!

HelpWhatDoIDo Tue 04-Nov-08 00:19:38

True, but i think its unfair to as the end of oct was only friday, 1st two days of the month was the weekend, and today no one said a thing. I'm panicking, i know.

HelpWhatDoIDo Tue 04-Nov-08 07:14:08

still panicking

MaryBS Tue 04-Nov-08 07:33:18

I think you need to go in there and get it sorted one way or another. If not there and then, then phone up during the day.

It sounds a bit like a bullying tactic to get you to pay.

Unless they are seriously oversubscribed, I can't see them wanting to turn away business. I hope it goes well for you.

HelpWhatDoIDo Tue 04-Nov-08 07:55:17

Thanks - I hope your right, i'm not sure if there is a waiting list tho, i;m sure they were advertising places available.

MaryBS Tue 04-Nov-08 08:18:33

Well, if you can sort it out with them, then there shouldn't be a problem. The worst thing you can do though, IMO is ignore it.

HelpWhatDoIDo Tue 04-Nov-08 08:41:03

I've sorted it, she was okay which i'm soo thankful for. i can relax now and go to college.

Thank you everyone

Tortington Tue 04-Nov-08 13:57:38

grin

MaryBS Tue 04-Nov-08 15:55:29

Brill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now