Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Cant find receipt for computer - what to do?

(7 Posts)
jellyjelly Mon 03-Nov-08 20:01:22

Brough a computer on 24th sept, little over 28 days. There was no case with it which it should have. I asked about exchange as it wont work with messenger, has no disk drive and cant find any software that is compatible in a sense of putting pictures etc on.

They told me the date i brought it - great but now cant find receipt.

They know that i ordered it so is that not enough? I ahve the books etc and a authorisation code from the bank.

AmIWhatAndWhy Mon 03-Nov-08 20:02:33

Where from?

If it was delivered or they have it on record that you bought it that date you shou;ld have no problems.

mumof2222222222222222boys Mon 03-Nov-08 20:09:31

If it is not working they have to refund/ replace. Loads of threads on here re consumer advice - check them out. The fact that you don't have a receipt is a red herring.

AMumInScotland Mon 03-Nov-08 20:40:22

Do you have a card statement which shows the transaction?

But anyway, if you can show that you bought it from them and it was not "fit for purpose" at the time, or didn't match the description, then the date isn't that important.

jellyjelly Mon 03-Nov-08 20:42:03

They should have supplied a bag which they havent and cant. They (tesco) have said they will refund on that basis which is nice, dont know if they have too. A replacement and the software for messenger would still not work.

They have on file that i brought it from them and the date but have told me to bring in receipt/invoice and the charger and manuels.

They can see that i got it.

AMumInScotland Mon 03-Nov-08 20:50:58

I think if you take in whatever you have - any statement that shows the payment, the authorisation code you mentioned - they should accept that OK. I guess they just have to be careful that someone doesn't try to return a nicked one, but if they have you in their system I don't see what the problem would be.

yarooo Mon 03-Nov-08 20:51:48

if you used a debit/credit card you can ask for a copy of the sales voucher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now