Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

My ebay purchase was lost in the post. Anyone know if I can claim from Paypal

(6 Posts)
mitfordsisters Tue 28-Oct-08 12:48:06

Just that really. I bid and won a lovely warm jumper (could do with it now - nippy today!), which was never delivered, and as it was not sent recorded cannot be traced by the Post Office.

The vendor seems very helpful and only has good feedback so I genuinely belive that it was lost by Royal Mail and no fault of hers.

I can raise a dispute with Paypal, but don't want to force vendor into refunding me as she is not at fault. Am I insured with Paypal or should I just let this one go?

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 28-Oct-08 12:48:54

her fault. you should have a refund from her.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 28-Oct-08 12:49:09

she should have sent it recorded.

MamaG Tue 28-Oct-08 12:49:47

Well you're not at fault either, are you! Think paypal always protects the buyer, so they would refund you.

She can still make a claim with royal mail, up to £34 IIRC to get her money back.

She should really refund you herself and then deal with RM. If she refuses, you should open a dispute with PP and they'll refund you

mitfordsisters Tue 28-Oct-08 13:18:22

Thanks for advice. I'll request a refund and suggest that she claims from Royal Mail.

Peachy Tue 28-Oct-08 13:23:45

She can only claim if she sent recorded, otherwise they will refuse it; if she sent recorded then you have to support her with that claim- we have been told time and agan after this that RM only refund if we can provide a letter from the buyer stating non-receipt; so far every buyer bar 1 has disappeared after being asked to put it in writing that they didn't receive it hmm

We have it in our T&C (OK'd by both paypal and ebay) that we only send recorded and as such will refund on loss happily if said letter is produced. Someone tried to challenge us on it and it was upheld in our favour.

Anyway in your situation-

check with RM first and the sorting office as they do forget to leave cards quite often, othrwise its her responsibility to refund but be understanding if takes a day or two- its ot her fault after all and we all have cashflow concerns these days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now