Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone who gets child tax credits quick question please?

(6 Posts)
squatchette Sun 26-Oct-08 21:42:50

How long did it take to process your claim?
I have been waiting 5 weeks now first claim form didn't appear to have reached them and now second one isn't showing on the system yet.They have said it takes up to 2 weeks but i've heard so many bad things about H.M.R.C that i'm getting worried (and poor)!

Pawslikepaddington Sun 26-Oct-08 21:43:32

They are v poor, but mine too about 2 months I think, so you are nearly there x

shelleylou Sun 26-Oct-08 21:52:42

Mine took about 4/5 weeks but that it was pushed through by the jobcentre so i had an income

squatchette Sun 26-Oct-08 22:15:09

Gawd so it's not just me then why are they so full of shit? Why not just say it will take however long.
Oh well at least I will have saved up for Christmas by the time i get back payed.
How do you get the job centre to push it through? I thought they were DWP where as TaxCredits are crap HMRC? Sigh.

HellboundNinkynork Sun 26-Oct-08 22:36:20

I've heard of people getting advance payments in cases of hardship through their local tax office. It's certainly worth asking about smile

KittyFloss Sun 26-Oct-08 23:03:12

God it took ages for my first claim (but that was back in 2003), probably over 2 months. I'd actually forgotten about it until over £1000 appeared in my account. Didn't last mind went down to about £20 a week when I moved in with Dp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now