Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone who gets child tax credits quick question please?

(6 Posts)
squatchette Sun 26-Oct-08 21:42:50

How long did it take to process your claim?
I have been waiting 5 weeks now first claim form didn't appear to have reached them and now second one isn't showing on the system yet.They have said it takes up to 2 weeks but i've heard so many bad things about H.M.R.C that i'm getting worried (and poor)!

Pawslikepaddington Sun 26-Oct-08 21:43:32

They are v poor, but mine too about 2 months I think, so you are nearly there x

shelleylou Sun 26-Oct-08 21:52:42

Mine took about 4/5 weeks but that it was pushed through by the jobcentre so i had an income

squatchette Sun 26-Oct-08 22:15:09

Gawd so it's not just me then why are they so full of shit? Why not just say it will take however long.
Oh well at least I will have saved up for Christmas by the time i get back payed.
How do you get the job centre to push it through? I thought they were DWP where as TaxCredits are crap HMRC? Sigh.

HellboundNinkynork Sun 26-Oct-08 22:36:20

I've heard of people getting advance payments in cases of hardship through their local tax office. It's certainly worth asking about smile

KittyFloss Sun 26-Oct-08 23:03:12

God it took ages for my first claim (but that was back in 2003), probably over 2 months. I'd actually forgotten about it until over £1000 appeared in my account. Didn't last mind went down to about £20 a week when I moved in with Dp.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: