Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is anyone cutting back on donations to charity?

(7 Posts)
runsymumsy Sun 26-Oct-08 00:29:34

With things getting a bit tight, my finger has been hovering over the cancel direct debit button recently for my charity donations. It seems like a quick win to helping make ends meet, but I'm feeling mean.

Has anyone done anything different with regards giving to charity recently?

PhantomOfTheChocolateCake Sun 26-Oct-08 00:32:35

There are other things you can do to give them money. Charity shops are always looking for things to sell, you may also pick up some things which will help. People will be shopping in them more when money's tight.

SnoopDog Sun 26-Oct-08 00:33:17

i cancelled my dds,

was 14 a month,

168 a year,

i am on mat leave,

i will re do when i am back at work,

mumblechum Mon 27-Oct-08 14:09:49

I haven't cancelled any yet, but if I get made redundant (which is looking likely), then yes, I'll have to cancel them.

Monty100 Tue 28-Oct-08 00:12:12

Hi (newbie)

Yes I have.

Labour Party membership angry

Flum Tue 28-Oct-08 00:16:54

Mmmmm interesting. DH sells mainly to charities and I reckon within a year his business will be down but he thinks not. We disagree, strongly......

BananaFruitBat Tue 28-Oct-08 00:17:04

I've cancelled all Direct Debits for Charities, but I make one off donations when I can.

I don't feel quite so bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now