Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

any mners gone bankrupt?

(10 Posts)
candyfluff Thu 23-Oct-08 11:17:56

i have last week just want to know what happens after you send them all the c.card statements etc?

childrenofthecornsilk Thu 23-Oct-08 11:18:55

sorry to hear that candyfluff

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 23-Oct-08 11:19:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HoratioMcCain Thu 23-Oct-08 11:19:26

You should have been given a leaflet about the Official Receiver interview.

The interview is the next stage in the process, and whilst it sounds daunting it's really nothing to worry about

candyfluff Thu 23-Oct-08 11:25:10

had the or interveiw over the phone last week so thats all done now they have sent a load of stuff saying they need all bank statements and credit card statements so once i have hunted round for all of that and sent it off what happenens next?
am still worried that they are gonna ask me things i cant remember the debt was over 7 years who can think that far back

HoratioMcCain Thu 23-Oct-08 12:09:22

I went bankrupt in July, and other than the info I had to send back I haven't heard anything from the OR office.

My case was pretty straightforward and the OR did mention that I may get early discharge.

Unless they need to know anything specifically, or your circumstances change, you may well not hear from them again.

There is a great bankruptcy forum on Martin Lewis' money saving expert website that may be worth a browse to put your mind at ease. There are a lot of threads dedicated to different experiences of bankruptcy.

countingto10 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:11:45

There's a wonderful website called ladiesinthered.co.uk with lots of great advice and information.

twentynine Thu 23-Oct-08 14:29:39

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/CourtClaimsAndBankruptcy/DG_10023215

LadyLauraStandish Thu 23-Oct-08 15:36:17

Once they get the statements, the Examiner will go through them to check for any suspicious transactions or to see if you'd incurred credit you had no chance of paying back. If you don't hear anything then forget about it!

MrsGokWan Thu 23-Oct-08 16:17:55

Here's a link to the BR forum on moneysavingexpert.com They are a great bunch and support people through everything.

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=136

Did you take any advice for your BR at all from any of the debt charities?

Also read here

www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=01_bankruptcy

and here

www.insolvency.gov.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now