Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Internet order and they have taken payment twice and still waiting for refund 2 weeks later

(6 Posts)
AndiM Mon 20-Oct-08 11:23:42

Hi, I don't often post stuff on here but could do with some advice. I ordered a moses basket from Bambinodirect.com and all went OK except it seemed ages for payment to go through. On 2/10/08 I realised they had taken payment twice so phoned and e-mailed. 1st they said another customer had the same problem and I would get refund straight away. A few days later and still no refund so e-mailed and phoned again and they said 3-5 working days for refund. I sent a stroppy e-mail last week and still no reply so phoned Friday and very stroppy with them. Their director was on phone and lady said I would get the refund back eventually. What do I do now - still no refund and its been 2 weeks. Shall I contact Office of Fair Trading and complain or is there another organisation I can contact? Payment was on a debit card so can't get refund from the bank. Bambinodirect don't reply to any e-mails or phone me back. Thinking of writing letter to OFT and copying Babminodirect. Any suggestions please?

TheArmadillo Mon 20-Oct-08 11:26:31

I think they have 14 days to refund your payment. As they have gone over that and are now not responding to you then, yes I would contact the relevant ombudsman.

Have a look here and also may be worth contacting your local trading standards before doing anything though. Just to check all the relevant legal stuff and to get advice on how best to word letters.

kiwibella Mon 20-Oct-08 13:53:32

contact your bank too... they can start investigating at their end.

I'm going through similar with Primark atm. It's annoying!

ChopsTheDuck Mon 20-Oct-08 13:54:51

call your bank and they will tell you how to deal with it. Tescos did this to me. I had to phone up to tescos with a code my bank gave me, which tescos had to give to their merchant bank.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 20-Oct-08 13:55:01

call your bank and they will tell you how to deal with it. Tescos did this to me. I had to phone up to tescos with a code my bank gave me, which tescos had to give to their merchant bank.

AndiM Fri 24-Oct-08 11:11:05

Thanks for all your help. DH phoned them yesterday and apparently I had requested 2 orders, funnily enough though they only confirmed one order by e-mail. Looks as though I am getting somewhere now as I got an e-mail from them canceling the "2nd" hmm order smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now