Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

have had a £30 credit into my bank today, don't know what from...

(7 Posts)
SparklyGothKat Sat 18-Oct-08 09:25:23

It says 'Suspense' beside it, WTF?? Its confusing me, not expecting any payments from anyone, except Carer's Allowence (which also went in) Anyone know what it is?

LadyOfWaffleIsScaryEnough Sat 18-Oct-08 09:26:35

Ring your bank? The may be able to give more details...

SparklyGothKat Sat 18-Oct-08 09:27:15

mmm will do that, very confusing

nannyL Sat 18-Oct-08 10:30:13

i have had rather a lot of incorrect payments INTO my BARCLAYS bank account hmm

eventually i got so fed up i changed banks

one was over 400 miles from me, in a village i have never herd of or never been to at a time i was sitting ine of my Uni exams.... the stupid bank woman insisted it was me who did go there at that exact time. hmm

then i just stopped using account.... about 5 years later i got a letter telling me iwas about £500 OD, but thats another story.... that was a bank error and showed as that on the system and them they wouldnt allow me to close the account as it was OD... it took 4 bank visits and still wasnt sorted, (depsite being told it was sorted for the last 3 angry so then i refused point blank to ever set foot in barclays again and closed it over the phone... which apparently is impossible, yet when i argued enough and got higher and higher up the system and £50 compensation per unnecessary visit to bank, eventually i manged to close that accoutn over the phone wink

so yes you can have transactions that are nothing at all to do with you in and out of your account.... i must have had 6 or 7 of those in and out of that account

(oh and just to add when the bank error over drew me, as a goodwill gesture they didnt charge me, when i made enough fuss shock angry)

SparklyGothKat Sat 18-Oct-08 11:45:10

worked it out. My dad paid for my TV on his card, I have been paying it monthly. Last month I paid £30, and then my dad cleared the card, its must have crossed with my payment and the card company have refunded me.

nannyL Sat 18-Oct-08 12:04:31

thats good news then smile

£30 to spend on soemthing else grin

CHOOGIRL Sat 18-Oct-08 13:52:00

Suspense is the name given to accounts held by the Bank. Have you checked you don't have a debit or payment out that you don't recognise. Sounds like it could be a refund of charges taken from your account. Call the bank

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now