Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

CCJ and mobile phone contract

(3 Posts)
glenthorpe Sat 18-Oct-08 01:40:27

My brother's 23 year old son is unemployed and he has told his parents that he now has an outstanding CCJ against him at their and his address for the non payment of a mobile phone contract.My brother's fix term mortgage comes up for renewal in the first quarter of next year.Is this CCJ against their son going to affect adversely their {the parents}application for a new mortgage?
Thanks for any advice.

mumhadenough Sat 18-Oct-08 11:22:40

It shouldn't do unless the son has the same name as his father, in which case this can cause trouble.

If he does, the parents can apply to have a "notice of disassociation" put on the account to show that it is the son's and not the father's ccj.

Other than that it shouldn't affect the parents.

I used to work for Equifax and put a few on these on files.

glenthorpe Sat 18-Oct-08 12:40:56

Thanks very much,hopefully this will put their minds at rest,at least about the mortgage situation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now