Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

feeling sick of all this credit crunch, rising costs, recession news anyone else?....

(6 Posts)
vodafone Tue 14-Oct-08 18:37:27

all this news makes me feel sick and worried... being pregnant with #2 doesn't help...

anyone else?

vodafone Tue 14-Oct-08 18:45:56

surely the more we all (even those who have cash around to spend) cut back on spending the worse the economy becomes?

vodafone Wed 15-Oct-08 08:59:11

i guess it is just me that's worried!

my next question is how do you all manage to stay unaffected by all the news? wink

BecauseImAWitch Wed 15-Oct-08 09:02:12

Well according to the news yesterday, it is believed that inflation has now peaked and prices will start to come down, especially as the cost of oil per barrel is dropping.

So that's some good news!

And the action taken by our government and the US has had a very positive effect on stock exchanges all round the world, so confidence within the banking system should increase, money will be freed up and the credit crunch should be 'uncrunched'.

So there is stuff to be positive about. And you're having a baby, which is something lovely to look forward to.

Chin up!

pagwatch Wed 15-Oct-08 09:10:53

you might want to contemplate that the issue is not the recession - unless you have a particular reason ie impending redundancy - but a general anxiety due to your pregnancy.
i worried about the oddest stuff when i was pregnant. I think it was just general deflected anxiety/hormones.

Congratulations. Your are going to have a baby. How lovely smile

FWIW - no . Not anxious at all.

vodafone Wed 15-Oct-08 09:31:57

thanks, yes you are both right!

we have no reason to be worried... savings in bank, lovely house, dh job seems safe and of course a new baby on the way!

it seems i've deflected my anxiety hormones to the news!!!

it took us a while to conceive this baby with one mc in between so with only a few weeks to go my anxiety levels are probably a tad high on the high side in general!!

thanks again for being so positive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now