Advanced search

long shot, leashold building drain problem anyone know....

(4 Posts)
hulahoops Thu 09-Oct-08 13:48:11

i have a buy to let property, building has 3 flats, mine is on the first floor, other 2, ground and 2nd...

there seems to be a blockage in the pipes and it's spilling out of a whole in the wall on the ground floor (air vent next to it is blocked too), its not pleasant....

anyway, who would be responsible? the flat that is causing the blockage or all 3 flats as it's a shared main sewage drain??

looks like its a big problem and walls will have to come down to investigage and clear the blockage... ARGH!

currently 2nd floor and ground floor flat are pointing the finger at my property!!!

any experience of this and advise would be greatly appreciated! thanks

LadyMuck Thu 09-Oct-08 13:49:34

Do you pay common buildings insurance?

hulahoops Thu 09-Oct-08 13:50:57

yes we do, would this be an insurance job?

Seabright Thu 09-Oct-08 14:27:18

Contact the freeholder/landlord/managing agent. If it's outside your flat then it's part of the comunal property and they need to get it sorted for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: