Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How long does a money transfer take (between Internet banks)? Yet another Icesave thread, I'm afraid..

(10 Posts)
ohdearwhatamess Tue 07-Oct-08 13:23:37

I transfered a large amount of money out Icesave into our current account on Sunday (had to leave £3K there because it was still pending clearance). It had gone from that account by Sunday evening but hasn't made it into the current account.

Should it be there by now? If it isn't there, where is it (apologies if that is a stupid questions)? Should I be worried?

Going to go into a branch of my bank this afternoon, but would appreciate some reassuring words!

noddyholder Tue 07-Oct-08 13:36:21

It takes about 3 days ohdear so don't worry.

ohdearwhatamess Tue 07-Oct-08 13:38:36

Thanks. I will worry (or not) tomorrow then.grin Feeling unduly cautious because it is from Icesave.

nannyL Tue 07-Oct-08 18:43:01

it always takes extra long to get from my bosses account to my account...

5 working days ois our record though it is normally 3 so dont worry too much until friday smile

good luck... i thought if your thread when watching lunchtime news by the way

sadbarratthomeowner Tue 07-Oct-08 18:43:39

It takes 3 working days usually from one bank to another - hope it will arrive tomorrow for you.

ohdearwhatamess Wed 08-Oct-08 16:58:38

Still no money. I'm sure this is going to complicate the process of reclaiming.angry

figroll Wed 08-Oct-08 17:34:46

Go to Martin Lewis's website - lots of information there. If you log onto your icesave account you will probably find that the money has been bounced back into your account and will show the full balance.

ohdearwhatamess Wed 08-Oct-08 19:19:51

Yep, the money has just bounced back into the Icesave account, which is something. I didn't like it being awol in cyberspace.

nannyL Wed 08-Oct-08 19:23:30

pleased you have located your money and it isnt floating around 'nowhere' smile

figroll Thu 09-Oct-08 19:04:29

Print out your bank statement too whilst the website is up and running. You might need to prove that the money was there - who knows. I have printed off two copies just in case I need them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now