Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

So, Icesave has gone under

(10 Posts)
DaisySteiner Tue 07-Oct-08 12:37:20

Not bust YET, but am hyperventilating slightly at the thought of having to reclaim my money from the precarious Icelandic economy. Dh was planning to move the money back to the UK today, although even if we'd done it last week when they first started looking seriously ropey it would have taken too long.

Somebody say something soothing to me!

JillJ72 Tue 07-Oct-08 13:18:31

There's an article on BBC News website, which gives further details about what to do...

nannyL Tue 07-Oct-08 18:48:27

on the news at lunchtime it said so long as you dont have more than £50k you WILL (eventually) get all your money back

is that sotothing enough

nannynick Tue 07-Oct-08 18:56:53

Is there a support thread on Mumsnet for all those affected by the IceSave situation?
I've lost mislaid money there, hope I see it again sometime later this year (or early next year).

jura Tue 07-Oct-08 19:04:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nannyL Tue 07-Oct-08 19:05:53

hope you get it back soon nick smile

i was just reading this www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/safe-savings#iceland you might want to take a look

looks like so long as you dont have more than £50k you will be fine

fingers crossed hey smile

TheBlonde Tue 07-Oct-08 19:06:50

only soothing thing I can say is at least they upped the guarantee limit to £50K

I doubt anyone will see their money anytime soon

nannynick Tue 07-Oct-08 19:24:21

jura, I've been holding strong. My view is that I don't have all my eggs in one basket, it's shared out amongst several banks in several countries. I don't have much savings, so amounts in each bank are quite low. I'm in no hurry to get the money back - and I knew that with the interest rate offered, there was risk. Don't want to loose it all though... so holding strong to the view that I will get it back eventually (probably with loss of interest).

littlelapin Tue 07-Oct-08 19:24:53

jura Tue 07-Oct-08 19:28:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now