Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

quidco - anyone else use it - have a quick question.

(18 Posts)
SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 06-Oct-08 09:39:54

have just done my car ins through them and have £65 cash back with more than.

it's the first time i've used them but i'm wondering when the cash will come thru/how I check to make sure that everything is ok - literally did it about 5 mins ago.

tia.

tatt Mon 06-Oct-08 09:41:46

I've used them. It will show up as tracked quite quickly but when, or if, it is paid depes on how long the company take to pay them. You will find a guide to that against the company's name. Sorry I don't use the site a lot but it does have forums where regular users might be more specific.

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 06-Oct-08 09:43:48

also done my house ins for another £65, and also saved a total of £20 per month on the 2 policies - happydays!

surely it's not that easy thou is it to get £130 back?

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 06-Oct-08 09:44:40

oh it says payments slow - 3 months - that's ok - just in time for xmas/new years.

tatt Mon 06-Oct-08 09:48:57

well some companies don't pay up and you may have to make a fuss - but yes it can be that easy. Get your Christmas presents e.g. from play instead of amazon and get a bit extra back grin.

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 06-Oct-08 09:59:00

why don't they pay then? is it sort of any excuse not to type thing?

Helennn Mon 06-Oct-08 10:09:08

I use Quidco, particularly for insurance and have so far not had a problem - but I know it is quite common. You do have to be careful to follow their procedure to ensure it tracks, ie. clear cookies before proceeding. This makes sure that your purchase is credited to Quidco and they therefore get their cut so that they can then pass it on to you. Hope all works out for you, it is definitely worth doing!

CherryChapstick Mon 06-Oct-08 10:17:36

Somebody please tell the thicko here:
What is Quidco?
Is there a catch?

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 06-Oct-08 10:18:01

oh not sure it's been credited - it popped up with a little screen before I did it & I said yes to go thru them.

I have done it with more than, I was with them about 5 years ago with a different address - but am a new customer now iycwim - will that count still? guess i'll have to wait and see.

Helennn Mon 06-Oct-08 11:27:21

Not sure Spandex. Did you log in to Quidco, clear cookies, go through to More Than and then apply? If so, you should be OK.

CherryChapstick - Quidco is a cashback scheme. If you buy something after going through them you are entitled to money back. It costs £5 per year but this only gets taken off any money you have earnt through them. When buying something on-line I always check to see if they are listed with Quidco, (there are other cashback sites available but I only use Quidco), if they are then I clear cookies then go through Quidco to earn cashback.

When buying insurance I always use moneysavingexpert to see which search sites to use, do a search and then see if any of the cheapest are listed with Quidco. Last year I got £45 off both my car and home buildings insurance, so saved hundreds off what I would have paid with my existing insurer!

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 06-Oct-08 18:27:11

yep went thru quidco & also cleared cookies etc before logging on to it again, cookies, history the works!

intresting more than rang today from their sales to ask if the quote was any good. hmm

it's not showing on my quidco thou. bit worried now.

mumhadenough Mon 06-Oct-08 22:47:57

Spandex, raise a query ticket and they'll sort it out for you if it hasn't tracked.

I've been with Quidco since May 07 and until today have earned £1227 cashback! grin I do everything through them.

Have only ever raised 4 queries, they've all been sorted promptly and the longest one is the current one I have with Ebay, which I'm not expecting to get because ebay are shit such a big company!

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 06-Oct-08 22:52:29

should it be there by now then? (was going to wait until tomorrow avo I think)

(how do you raise a prob? blush)

SpandexIsMyEnemy Wed 08-Oct-08 08:49:37

it's now showing as validated £150!! and to be paid in january 2009.

does that mean it will deffo be paid?

mumhadenough Wed 08-Oct-08 18:58:26

Hi spandex, sorry was just going to answer your ticket question when realised you'd posted an answer. Brilliant! Yes as long as you don't pull out the insurance or anything it should be paid no probs.

bubblerock Wed 08-Oct-08 19:01:23

Quidco is fab and they are usually realy good with enquiries - I've earnt over £800 with them and also just renewed my car insurance to get another £75 grin

stitch Wed 08-Oct-08 19:04:12

i found quidco to be fab last year, but these last few months, it doesnt always seem to be going through. which is rather annoying. i think i am 285 pounds better off, having used it since july 07.

SpandexIsMyEnemy Wed 08-Oct-08 19:15:32

well as I figure it - If I get the money thru then it's my gas/elec paid in the winter qtr - can't be a bad thing!?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: