Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone know the rules on returning PREOWNED DS games to GAME if faulty ??

(6 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Sun 05-Oct-08 14:08:35

Dd1 brought Sims 2 for her Ds from Game yesterday.

It is a preowned one, and several times now when she has put it in the ds it has not registered that the game is in there and she said the screen has also gone funny a few times.

We have also tried it in Dd2's Ds and the same thing happened. It isn't all of the time though just now and again.

I loked on the reciept and all it says about returns is that you have 28 days to return a sealed game.

Doesn't say anything about faulty games, or preowned games.

SaintGeorge Sun 05-Oct-08 14:11:27

I rang them when a pre-owned that we bought showed an immediate fault (problems loading).

Cleaning the disc solved the problem but I told them I was concerned in case it happened again and wanted them to log my call.

They said that I could return the game within 90 days (with receipt) for an exchange or a free disc skim on that little machine they have.

SaintGeorge Sun 05-Oct-08 14:12:03

PS2 game in our case, but I would think the rules should be the same.

IllegallyBrunette Sun 05-Oct-08 14:13:36

Thanks SG

I think I will take it back then. It might not happen again, but then again it might get worse and not work at all.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 05-Oct-08 15:45:20

Take this back to Game.

Quote the Sale of Goods act at them if they are at all awkward (but they should not be); all goods sold have to be fit for purpose.

You should be able to exchange it particularly if you still have the receipt.

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 05-Oct-08 16:35:01

They shouldn't be awkward, you can still take it back. Used to work for games retailer and we used to get this all the time, we couldn't test them all (there were thousands upon thousands) so you get some with faults.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now