Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Following on from my Icesave thread, can anyone recommed a good online savings account?

(9 Posts)
ohdearwhatamess Sat 04-Oct-08 09:22:10

Reasonable interest
Safe
Accessible without losing interest

nannynick Sat 04-Oct-08 19:28:40

I was wondering exactly the same. No idea alas.

I want a UK account paying 6.55% AER or above with instant access. Any suggestions anyone?

luminarphrases Sat 04-Oct-08 19:53:01

ING direct are really good, instant access and 6.5%. also seem as safe as is poss at the moment. plus i emailed them with a query and they were back to me in 2 hours, not bad at all

MissisBoot Sat 04-Oct-08 19:54:39

I have a sainsburys one - can't remember what the interest rate is on it though. Think it is quite competitive.

ohdearwhatamess Sat 04-Oct-08 22:20:30

Am wondering about Nationwide. Not brilliant rate but very safe.

Lloyds even safer but their rates are too low.

Like the ING idea. Will look into that tomorrow when more sober. blush

PurpleFrog Mon 06-Oct-08 12:43:16

ING Direct is not a UK account ! The Bank is Dutch. Savings there are covered by the Dutch compensation scheme up to 38000 euros, then the rest up to £35000 by the UK one.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Mon 06-Oct-08 12:50:39

I closed my ING account because they offer a bnonus for 6 months , then rubbbish interest thereafter. Thye used to be competitive but no longer.

ohdearwhatamess Mon 06-Oct-08 12:51:32

Dh (who is supposed to know about these thing) said 'no way' to ING anyway.

Thinking about Anglo Irish. Need to do something asap as I'm losing a lot of interest.

littlerach Tue 07-Oct-08 19:53:32

Is Abbey a good one?

What about supermarkets?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now