Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

how soon do i register my child for WTC/ child benefit etc....?

(9 Posts)
biglips Sun 28-Sep-08 19:39:35

it is as soon i register my DD2

as i cant remember! blush

thanks

Nemoandthefishes Sun 28-Sep-08 19:40:51

phone them tomorrow and they will add her on.

Nemoandthefishes Sun 28-Sep-08 19:41:14

oh and congrates and any pics yetgrin

elkiedee Sun 28-Sep-08 19:44:04

Yes, as soon as you can, I think you need a copy of the birth certificate for one. Ring or ask online for the forms you need tomorrow and get them all filled in asap, so that when you get certificate/proof of her existence you can just post. I think both will backdate up to 3 months but of course the sooner you apply the sooner you get the cash.

I've heard of people adding subsequent dcs through online application but not sure how it works.

biglips Sun 28-Sep-08 19:47:42

thanks nemo....the pics will be on soon as Dp is still at work till next week and then ill have time to put the pics on grin. i just only have 5 mins atm and gotta express most of the time. Will be back! grin

biglips Sun 28-Sep-08 19:48:41

yes i was told by my midwife that i can do it online which i will do when my DD2 is asleep tmrw morning.

whyme2 Tue 14-Oct-08 22:08:20

To claim CTC you can either phone or write. To claim child benefit you need to either phone for a claim form or download from their site and send it with birth certificate. They will only backdate for three months. At the moment ie this last week, they are not answering the phone!! v v frustrating.

mumoverseas Wed 15-Oct-08 06:35:25

you can inform them of additional children online but will need to send the birth certificate through as well and do it as soon as possible as sometimes it takes a few months for them to process although it will be backdated.

FourArms Wed 15-Oct-08 06:53:56

I had DS2 added for Child benefit over the phone. They didn't need his birth cert as they could check it from their systems somehow hmm Perhaps as we'd already registered him they can access that online?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: