Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MFI Dilema

(3 Posts)
raisinbran Sun 28-Sep-08 14:30:51

Having just read in the sunday papers that MFI ar likely to go into administration this week I am unsure what steps I should take.

I bought some bedroom furniture with my mastercard for over 1000pounds on 23rd August. They delivered the order on 11th September but missed off the bolts/handles and instructions etc.

Customer services where really unhelpful and said I would have to wait until 2nd Oct before the remaining items could be delivered. The only alternative was to cancel the order.

I decided to cancel although I have to wait until the 2nd Oct for them to pick up the goods then they'll refund my money.

I am concerned that they'll collect the furniture and I wont get paid back now. any body understand the best course of action?

islandofsodor Sun 28-Sep-08 14:34:20

If it is more than £100 (which it was) and you paid by credit card (which you did) then you are covered by your credit card company.

raisinbran Sun 28-Sep-08 14:41:59

Ok Thanks, i just wasn't sure it it still applied because I cancelled the order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now