Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Paying someone to act as a substitute parent while you are in does that work?

(7 Posts)
Aimsmum Fri 26-Sep-08 14:29:21

Message withdrawn

nannyL Fri 26-Sep-08 18:51:03

i would have thought that as she is your mum you are not required to pay her....

even if your mum was a "real" childminder you couldnt use your childcare vouchers to pay her, so i cant see why it would be different...
but if you can, as a nanny i charge £150 for 24 hours if that helps wink

i think you should definitely be able to claim for your day off work

LynetteScavo Fri 26-Sep-08 18:53:47

I think your mum could work as your nanny, and therefore you should pay her £150.

Aimsmum Fri 26-Sep-08 19:33:27

Message withdrawn

PortAndLemon Fri 26-Sep-08 19:36:30

Claim for a day's wages for your mother -- that's the genuine cost, so seems perfectly reasonable. If they then want to challenge it they can.

nannyL Fri 26-Sep-08 19:47:45

shock at being allowed to claim £1 per hour for a childminder...

what planet do they live on?

Aimsmum Fri 26-Sep-08 19:49:55

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: