Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is this another CSA cock up?

(4 Posts)
shelleylou Thu 25-Sep-08 13:03:39

Hvent recieved maintenance for ds for months Xp didnt give his details then his employer took nearly 3 months to give them. DSuring this time Xp wasnt having contact with ds but has started having him fortnightly since towards the end of august. I informesd them of this last week. All this will be relevant in a moment.

The assesment has finally been done this week They phoned me tuesday and gave me the weekly amout. I recieved a letter from them this morning. It states that there are no adjustments to this amount so havent taken into account shared care. So im not sure if theyve done it this was as he had no contact with ds in that time (the claim has been backdated to begining of june) so i get the right amount backdated or theyve made a mistake. Any ideas?

shelleylou Thu 25-Sep-08 20:49:08

anyone?

newforold Fri 26-Sep-08 10:39:45

the csa only give a reduction in maintenence if the child stays overnight with the nrp for more than x number of nights per yr.

You can check the thresholds on the csa website. You may find that your ex is not eligible for a reduction at present due to the number of nights that he has little one.

shelleylou Fri 26-Sep-08 11:09:10

they were reducing it by 1/7 when he had ds friday-sunday fornightly. They wer told last week hes started to see ds like that again... well has had him two of the visits he should have then made an excuse for the third. So tbh im not expecting it to carry on as he was going to pick him up tonight to make up for last weekend then told me yesterday after me texting afew times to find out that he werent. He hasnt been reliable with visits at all since before easter, he cancelled no end for crap reasons or none at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now