Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Ok so whats the difference between a default and a ccj ?

(4 Posts)
fakeblonde Wed 24-Sep-08 14:43:14

Are they as bad as each other as far as credit rating is concerned.
I`ve just done a search and as awful as it sounds i`ve got a couple of defaults-i knew it would be bad .

avenanap Wed 24-Sep-08 14:45:21

A CCJ is a county court judgement, you have these if a creditor has taken you to court for not paying, a default is when you have not paid when you were supposto have. A good lender would look at the reasons why you have defaulted, lost job or illness for example.

fakeblonde Wed 24-Sep-08 14:51:45

Thanks.
Am a little cross because vodaphone assured me that the default would not go ahead and be recorded if i paid when i did !
I`ve got no eveidence of this though so i hope they record their telephone conversations.
The other one is lloyds who aren`t suppossed to be able to default me when the account is in dispute9bank charges )

avenanap Wed 24-Sep-08 15:00:18

Get in contact with them, only they can remove the default notices. You are allowed to contact the credit reference agency and rquest they put a note on your file disputing the notices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now