Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Calculation of redundancy payment for part-time worker

(4 Posts)
EColi Sat 20-Sep-08 17:18:22

Does anyone know if you are made redundant from a part-time job if the redundancy payment is calculated on:

Total number of years worked x fraction of full time hours x fulltime pay

or

Total number of years worked x part-time pay?

Work is being 'restructured' over the next couple of months so I may be made redundant in November. I worked full-time for a number of years and then part-time since ds1 was born..trying to get an idea for how long we can survive on the redundancy pay (they are meant to be offering 1 month per year of service).

Thanks

CryingMyselfToSleep Sat 20-Sep-08 17:36:21

I think it is based on a multiplier of average pay over last 6m...so that would be part time rates.

So number of (full) years x average monthly earnings over last 6m I think.

Depends on how it is worded in teh contract...but that would be the minimum....so that is what you should base calculations on and anything else is a bonus.

EColi Sat 20-Sep-08 17:51:24

That would be the highest figure I have come up with CMTS - I don't want to get too hopeful.

My contract does not mention the exact calculation method - t'is somewhere in the rules and reg's of the organisation I'm sure

CryingMyselfToSleep Sat 20-Sep-08 18:52:31

I think that Statutory redundancy payments are based on an average of last 6m pay.

You should be based teh same I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now