Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

So then, how many of you guys work for HBOS?

(15 Posts)
HappyThoughts Wed 17-Sep-08 21:59:42

I work in the IT department at Head Office but had the day off work today so have no idea how the news is going down.

Back in tomorrow so will hopefully get to hear more details with regards to what's going to happen next.

Anybody heard any rumours or speculation about where the job cuts might be made?

Also, what about all our free shares, share options and sharesave schemes? Anybody know what happens to them now?

mumoverseas Thu 18-Sep-08 12:07:29

sorry can't really help in your specific situation but my husband says that if you have shares, sharesave schemes and share options and are made redundant they should get allocated to you straight away with no loss to you. They should all be treated as enhanced if you are made redundant and they would usually be cashed in if you get the money. (for the avoidance of doubt, in case Ladymuck reading, my husband is a HR Manager in pensions and benefits and deals with this regularly but does not work for HBOS and therefore this is just general advice which will hopefully provide a little reassurance). Hope all ok for you.

fee100 Thu 18-Sep-08 15:51:12

Message withdrawn

CountessDracula Thu 18-Sep-08 15:52:21

You have to pay for that Fiona!
I ahve reported your post

CountessDracula Thu 18-Sep-08 15:54:50

here

Mercy Thu 18-Sep-08 15:54:54

Fee, you have to pay a fee

(sorry happythoughts)

nannyL Thu 18-Sep-08 19:11:33

My mum works for C&G... part of Lloyds TSB

they were all told this morning that for NOW everything will continue regardless

(she works on one of the only high streets WITH a C&G but no halifax, so not relally a worry to her)...
they were also told they should feel privilidges to work for the worlds biggest bank, hmm

she also mentioned them saying that in fututure (but not actually today) there might be the possibility of redundancy packages

Notalone Thu 18-Sep-08 19:14:16

I used to work at RCC Sheffield in mortgages Happythoughts and from what I understand, no-one really knows what is going on.

My thoughts are with you though - is a scary time

MadameCastafiore Thu 18-Sep-08 19:14:38

Happythoughts do you work ay No 33 - that is where DH works.

kd73 Thu 18-Sep-08 21:56:24

Hi Happythoughts,

How was today? it was strange where I was in I&I but not in a bad way.

We were told 40k redundencies is media hype and that it is simply business as usual!

mumoverseas Fri 19-Sep-08 06:43:20

excuse my ignorance but I am curious? Under what circumstances would mumsnet remove a post?

annh Fri 19-Sep-08 09:38:08

There are all kinds of reasons why Mumsnet removes posts. In this case, it sounds from the following post as if Fee100 was trying to sell some kind of service, don't know what it would be in the context of this thread but possibly someone offering financial advice for a fee. Mumsnet charges for commercial adverts so will have removed the post. Other reasons why posts are deleted are if someone makes a personal attack on another person, includes personal details about another poster in their message etc.

mumoverseas Fri 19-Sep-08 10:05:45

thanks for clarifying that annh

CountessDracula Fri 19-Sep-08 10:09:03

They removed it because a journalist came in and asked to interview someone without paying the £30 fee

mumoverseas Fri 19-Sep-08 10:34:44

nothing like cashing in on someone elses problems!
happythoughts, have you had any further updates at work yet? hope all ok for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now