Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Feeling a bit ripped off... am I being, and what should I do?

(19 Posts)
DrHorrible Wed 17-Sep-08 13:55:32

<Customer - if you are on MN and know this is you please be aware it is NOT about you, but about the 3rd party supplier!!!>

I am not naming companies btw.

Customer orders x. Normally x is linked on my site but is ordered directly through the other site who dropship and I get commission. This time however I placed the order for x.

I made an error and ordered the wrong size item.

Customer contacted both myself and supplier (wise move imo).

Supplier told her & me she had to send back the item, it cannot be resold due to the nature of it.

I was a bit hmm about that, kind of thought that they were sending out the right size seeing as they have taken the other one back.

No, they say that I have to reorder the correct size, but they are NOT REFUNDING the original item shock

IMO - if I am replacing the product at my own expense, surely the original item is mine or the customer's to use however the hell we see fit - if she wants to use it as a vase/shoe/cat litter tray she can do whatever the hell she likes with it. Or, as MY name is on the payment, surely it was MINE to use as any or all of the above???

"For hygiene reasons we cannot exchange x once they have been dispatched"

So - why did they insist on it being sent back???

Am I wrong to be a bit narked about this? I have no issue paying again for the customer as it was my error. I do have an issue with them taking my property.

HELP!

(Oh, am not stocking with them again!)

avenanap Wed 17-Sep-08 13:59:55

I would refuse to send back the origional item and just re order. Legally, you have already paid for it. When you buy something you make a contract, the contract is executed once they are paid and you have recieved your item. If they are requesting it back without a refund or replacement then this is altering the terms of the contract to make it an unfair contract term. I would threaten to report them to trading standards. smile

DrHorrible Wed 17-Sep-08 14:01:02

Too late to keep it - where I assumed they were resending as they had asked to send it back, I told the customer to go ahead angry

Bastards.

They make a lot of money out of MN too.

TheBlonde Wed 17-Sep-08 14:01:39

is it about mooncups?

DrHorrible Wed 17-Sep-08 14:02:09

It is about x, which may or may not be mooncups

PrettyCandles Wed 17-Sep-08 14:02:19

Their behaviour does sound like nonsense to me. You made the mistake, so, yes, you should bear the cost of the reorder. You, if anyone, should be the one requesting return of the original item. If the supplier can't or won't take it back, and requires you to place and pay for a new order, then they should not demand return of the original.

Has it been returned to them?

avenanap Wed 17-Sep-08 14:03:49

Mmm. Ask them to resend it as you have already paid. Under the sale of Goods Act then these goods are yours. If they had no intention of refunding or replacing then they should not have requested that the goods be returned.

Who are they so we can all avoid them? wink

PrettyCandles Wed 17-Sep-08 14:04:10

It's not about Mooncups, because they accept and refund returns, even of used Mooncups, up to three cycles after they send you yours. They know what good customer service is!

FabioVicePeeperPlopper Wed 17-Sep-08 14:05:02

OK, so you placed your size 8 customer's order for a tabard, but you accidentally ordered an 18.

Sexy Tabards R Us want the size 18 back, won't refund your money, and will sell you a size 8 for £usual.

THe size 18 tabard belongs to whoever is paying for it - which is you, yes?

The size 8 tabard belongs to your customer.

Sexy Tabards R Us are thieves. Some twattish employee has their wires crossed.

STRU needs to send you back the size 18 tabard.

NB: if this is about a tabard from Sexy Tabards R US, it is a coincidental mistake and I apologise from the bottom of my own Sexy Tabard™.

avenanap Wed 17-Sep-08 14:07:12

op has sent sexy tabards back already so she has nothing to show for the money paid.

DrHorrible Wed 17-Sep-08 14:08:36

Some companies change their returns policies occasionally.

grin @ Sexy Tabards - they have astounding customer services, in fact they know when customer is a size 8 and ordering 18 by mistake so send you the right size anyway

avenanap Wed 17-Sep-08 14:09:53

This returns policy is against the sale of goods act. wink

FabioVicePeeperPlopper Wed 17-Sep-08 14:10:45

SExy Tabards R US need to send the size 18 tabard back to DrHorrible.

The customer returned the tabard on DrHorrible's instructions, before DrH knew Sexy TabardsR Us would not be refunding.

The way I see it, Sexy Tabards R Us have a size 18 tabard belonging to DrH.

<looks sadly at own sexy tabard>

avenanap Wed 17-Sep-08 14:14:38

Yup. Totally against the Sale of Goods Act.

psychomum5 Wed 17-Sep-08 14:15:53

<<<<<<<<hijack>>>>>>>>

no credit, and phone is not next to me, so being lazy......yes B may come play!!!

let me know if you have seen this pleasewink

DrHorrible Wed 17-Sep-08 14:20:32

<<Thanks grin>>

So, I need to construct a Harshly Worded Letter and sort out my wholesale order from Sexier Tabards R Us instead

FabioVicePeeperPlopper Wed 17-Sep-08 14:24:51

lol at Sexier Tabards.
Yes, do.

DrHorrible are the mner previously known as F?

DrHorrible Wed 17-Sep-08 14:27:36

Indeed that is I. Assuming we are talking about the correct MNer beginning with F. wink

I am mother to Flameboy and Flamechick!

FabioVicePeeperPlopper Wed 17-Sep-08 14:48:33

Aha, yes, that was the F I had in mind, the F mner, mother of F and F grin

In that case I may have guessed the nature of the goods of which you speak.

I suggest you tell Sexy Tabards they are shit. Pun intended. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now