Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I am owed money in the form of a CCJ.....

(4 Posts)
wearymummy Tue 16-Sep-08 16:19:08

Can anyone offer any advice please? I have a small house which I rent out. A couple of years ago the tenant from hell moved in. I think she used it as a knocking shop and a drug den, but that's neither here nor there. Her father was her guarantor on her contract. Needless to say she didn't pay the rent, and I had to get her evicted, and her father dissapeared off the face of the earth never to be seen again. When it went to court (she didn't turn up) she ended up with a CCJ, and as a result owes me over £2000 (that excludes the damage to the property). I know I have up to 7 years to try to claim it back. But does anyone know how I go about this, can anyone recommend a company that would take this on?

Lauriefairycake Tue 16-Sep-08 16:20:43

you don't need a company - look on to enforce the order, attach earnings etc.

LadyMuck Tue 16-Sep-08 16:24:42

Or have a look here.

wearymummy Tue 16-Sep-08 16:34:48

Thanks I'll have a look at those a bit later - have to go now .. need to start cooking dinner!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: