Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

mortgages - expert advice needed!

(9 Posts)
iamdingdong Mon 15-Sep-08 18:32:51

we need to remortgage in december, we are on a fixed rate with NRock and do not want to be paying their 7.49%svr! We bank with first direct and I am rather taken by their base rate tracker, given that most experts think rates will come down in the next year...but I am a mere languages teacher, I really know nothing about these things. Am I being naive to think rates will come down, esp given the latest developments?

iamdingdong Mon 15-Sep-08 18:48:29

anyone wiser than me out there?

CarGirl Mon 15-Sep-08 18:51:45

well it's always a gamble, personally I like the certainty of fixed rates. You could do with an independent mortgage broker who will get you the best deal for your circumstances. What will Nationwide offer you, they are generally one of the best rates.

iamdingdong Mon 15-Sep-08 18:57:37

thanks cargirl, will check nationwide

iwantasecondone Mon 15-Sep-08 19:12:22

mortgage broker i used was Arrange it Free. They are free and got us amazing deal. Haven't got number, but you can find it googling. In Suffolk, I think.

iamdingdong Mon 15-Sep-08 19:14:12

thank you iwantasecondone I've found their site, looks v useful

CarGirl Mon 15-Sep-08 19:16:30

we need to remortgage in January, I'm not looking forward to it!

lulumama Mon 15-Sep-08 19:17:24

we used an IFA, got a fixed rate deal with abbey for 5/98 % with abbey

iamdingdong Mon 15-Sep-08 19:21:46

the deal I'm looking at with FD is life time tracker of base rate + 0.49% which makes it 5.49% at the moment, or their 2 yr fixed rate of 5.49%

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now