Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

can you help me make a quick decision on houses please??in th next 5 mins

(12 Posts)
oranges Mon 15-Sep-08 17:31:08

just had an offer for a cash buyer for our two bed apartment - lower than we hoped (around 2006/7 prices) but more than we paid for it. They want it as a quick sale so we'd have to rent for a bit before bing again. should i take it/ am scared the market will suddenly bounce back and i won't be able to buy again

Lizzylou Mon 15-Sep-08 17:33:34

Take it, the market is going down, not up
Repossessions are rising and property won't go back up for another few years from what I can see

CarGirl Mon 15-Sep-08 17:35:19

Yes I think the market will go down for annother 12-24 months, remember by having sold it you will also be saving interest on the mortgage and the mortgage rates are likely to go up in the near future.

Fimbo Mon 15-Sep-08 17:35:26

Lehmann's bank has already collapsed today.

Take, take, take.

noddyholder Mon 15-Sep-08 17:36:11

it won't bounce back take it and good luck xx

TheBlonde Mon 15-Sep-08 17:36:46

take it, the market has further to fall imho

WelliesAndPyjamas Mon 15-Sep-08 17:37:15

I'd take in the circs

morethanyoubargainfor Mon 15-Sep-08 17:37:17

Take it, take it.

shieldofsteel Mon 15-Sep-08 17:37:55

Take it. Its really hard for 1st time buyers to get mortgages so you aren't going to have queues of people wanting a flat. You are still making a profit and you will have a good buying position when you are out of a chain. You could specify a date that you want to complete by in case they dither and the market drops further.

LuckySalem Mon 15-Sep-08 17:38:36

take it!! If I could sell my house I definatly would!

oranges Mon 15-Sep-08 18:25:56

okay - just accepted!it's been on the market for three months, and this is the first offer. so i think it was right to accept. gulp. now have to move. fast. should i try to buy or just rent for a while?

Fimbo Mon 15-Sep-08 20:53:19

Rent unless you see something that you can get at a knock down price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now