Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

how do i go about finding out where my pension contributions went to?

(6 Posts)
southeastastra Thu 11-Sep-08 16:31:56

I paid into a company pension about 15 years ago. My current employer has tried to contact them to get the amount transferred into my current pension and today i received a letter saying they have no record of my contributions!

Was only a small amout but is there any way i can find out where this money has gone?

morningpaper Thu 11-Sep-08 16:35:43

Do you have the original paperwork? All you need to know is the company that you paid into, and the scheme number, and then you can ring them.

southeastastra Thu 11-Sep-08 16:40:54

No i can't find any documents from them. I thought I'd kept them safe but cannot find anything.

morningpaper Thu 11-Sep-08 16:43:02

Do you know the company?

I would just ring them. I wouldn't bother making your employer do it. It's YOUR scheme. Ring them up and ask about it. They are usually pretty helpful. As long as you can tell them the years and your name etc. they should be able to help.

southeastastra Thu 11-Sep-08 17:00:48

it's so frustrating i remember seeing the letter (years ago) but can't find it!

will call them tomorrow to investigate further, thanks

BetsyBoop Thu 11-Sep-08 19:48:27

if that fails you could always try this DWP service it's free I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now