Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

repossession fear

(4 Posts)
rosie17 Wed 10-Sep-08 09:22:21

Hello all. I only wish I had the sort of worry's most of the previous conversations are about. Partners business failing. Even if he shuts up shop tomorrow we would owe mega ££ on lease, machinery etc. fearful of family home being reprocessed and impact on kids. Where do we go for advice to try and protect our home?? Feeling very alone with it all.

LIZS Wed 10-Sep-08 09:27:48

CAB in the first instance - they could help you list out the incomings and outgoings/debts to get a full picture and perhaps help you negotiate with the mortgage lender etc early enough that you can stay put.

mum2jakeyroo Wed 10-Sep-08 09:31:10

We are just going through similar. CAB are great at helping. Is there anything in particular you want to know

rosie17 Wed 10-Sep-08 09:49:37

Thanks LIZS and mum2jakeyroo. I thought CAB was for people who had already gone or were going bankrupt but based on your advice I will contact them. My partner seems to have gone into shock so I've got to try and find the energy to manage this situation as far as poss. Family wise we only have mortgage and usual home related bills to worry about and we are not in dept yet. But wanted I wanted to ask you mum2jakeyroo is would CAB be able to help us adbress what's owed on the business?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now