Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

arghh I'm so stupid.............

(9 Posts)
FAQ Tue 09-Sep-08 11:23:31

2 weeks ago I got a letter from the ECS (Energy collection services) telling me that I owed Eon 103.77 for my Electric), it also said on the letter if I'd paid within the last 7 days to ignore the letter - so I did - as I'd paid £105 2 days before the letter arrived.

Today I another letter telling that it was now overdue and I should call to arrange to have a prepayment meter fitted blah blah blah.

I rang them, and told them I'd paid £105 just over 2 weeks ago.......he looked at my account and told me that - yes he could see I'd paid £105 - but I'd put it on the gas account......but he could have the payment switched over to the right account.

That'll teach me to double check which account I'm paying when the next bills come through (I have payment cards - one for each)

FAQ Tue 09-Sep-08 12:32:52

oh someone please come and lament my stupidity grin blush

StealthPolarBear Tue 09-Sep-08 12:52:03

lol
could have been much worse!

AvenaLife Tue 09-Sep-08 12:58:19

Doh! smile

Eddas Tue 09-Sep-08 13:04:08

grin at least it was easy to sort out!

FAQ Tue 09-Sep-08 13:26:02

true it could have been much worse, not very nice getting letters from debt collection companies - especially when you think know you've paid your bill grin

trumpetgirl Tue 09-Sep-08 16:30:33

I've got a better one than that...
I was paying my water rates by card for ages, then got a huge bill, with red writing and everything!
Turned out I'd been using the payment card for my old address!!!
I had to find as many receipts as possible and try and get some of the money back.

FAQ Tue 09-Sep-08 16:49:38

oh no trumpetgirl - I wouldn't have a clue where my receipts are - probably in the bin - as DS3 keeps finding my purse and emptying it/eating the content

trumpetgirl Tue 09-Sep-08 20:10:29

Yeah, a lot of them were in the bin.
Now I pay everything by direct debit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now