Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mobile phone contracts can i get out of if ?

(4 Posts)
Lilyloo Tue 09-Sep-08 09:08:00

Dp has a contract with about 7 mths left on it.
He pays nearly £50 per month.
Basically it was his buisness phone so was used to this amount.
However his buisness has now folded we desperately need to save money and he nowhere uses anything like this amount on his phone which is only needed for personal use now.
Is there anything he can do to get out of it or cut it to suit his requirements now they have changed ?
Thanks

mamadiva Tue 09-Sep-08 09:15:10

You can downgrade your contract or pay up the excess that is left on it, that's the only way you can get out of it so you would have to pay them roughly £350 to cancel. Just downgrade to the lowest he can.

Lilyloo Tue 09-Sep-08 09:29:08

so he could downgrade that would be fine as he still needs a phone just not the package he has.

mamadiva Tue 09-Sep-08 09:39:10

Yeah as far as I know you can downgrade after 3 months so that's not too bad although I found that when I downgraded I actually ended up paying more because if you go over your package you pay VAT so worked out more expensive but then my contract was shit LOL. Am now £40 a month and not a penny more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now