Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

quick Q on income support please.

(6 Posts)
SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 08-Sep-08 20:39:27

am currently looking for a job pref a prm one for the 16 hours, but was just wondering - they say you get an extra £40 p/w for the first year and £450 in other 'bonuses/housing etc' for the first month/2 weeks what ever it is. but was wondering is that only for permanent jobs or temp as well?

(I won't be using the extra money but it would be fab to have it in savings iycwim.)

SpandexIsMyEnemy Tue 09-Sep-08 08:34:27

SpandexIsMyEnemy Tue 09-Sep-08 15:43:04

anyone??

fiodyl Wed 10-Sep-08 23:52:10

do you mean tax credits? what benefits are you claiming at the moment?

Purplepillow Thu 11-Sep-08 00:10:40

Not sure tbh but wanted to bump for you for the night crowd incase some-one can help you grin

muggglewump Sun 14-Sep-08 13:17:55

I missed this.
I've just started work after being on income support. I work 17 hours.
I haven't got my tax credits through yet so I can't tell you what I'll get there or my housing benefit as I need 4 payslips for that but I am entitled to £40 a week for the first year, one months full rent paid which is £375 and a one off payment of £250 for starting work.
The only payment I've had so far is the £250, other than that I have to live on my wages until I get the rest through.
Luckily my Landlord and CM are fine about waiting as they know they will get their money as soon as it's paid to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now