Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Apart from the local council how do you prevent noise from a building site that is working illegally after hours?

(3 Posts)
Lauriefairycake Mon 08-Sep-08 18:44:18

The huge development (in a residential area) opposite to me was only allowed to be built if they kept the hours 8am-6pm. They are still working and pouring concrete at 18.43pm.

The local council have sent me a form to complete but there must be someone who can make them stop right now hmmI've phoned and the bloke fobbed me off and said he would see to it.

Who makes them keep to their agreement?

FuriousGeorge Mon 08-Sep-08 22:32:44

I'd have thought Environmental Health,or maybe a call to the building company's head office.I don't suppose they are part of the 'considerate contractors' scheme?

Lauriefairycake Mon 08-Sep-08 23:02:49

they absolutely are part of the 'considerate contractors' scheme - it's on all the leaflets they put through my door

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: