Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Trust Fund - Any ethical ways to invest it?

(12 Posts)
anchovies Tue 22-Feb-05 10:09:27

Got DSs voucher this morning, would like to put it into a stakeholder/shares account but would like to be sure that his money isn't being traded against arms, tobacco, alcohol etc. Is there anywhere I can put it where I will know what it is being used for?

anchovies Tue 22-Feb-05 10:14:40

Think the answer is no, but gonna put it in the CIS as the best of a bad bunch!

PiccadillyCircus Tue 22-Feb-05 10:16:20

I was wondering that - will have to make adecision sooner or later I suppose

Marina Tue 22-Feb-05 10:16:41

CIS? We are mulling over what to do with dd's, anchovies, and would like to go a similar route if possible.
Aren't the Friendly Societies usually ethical investors or do they just trade on their cuddly names?

Dahlia Tue 22-Feb-05 10:17:48

I like the sound of the stakeholder account, but there are so many providers to choose from. I don't know which to choose. I wonder if anyone has any advice on any? I don't do "money matters", am useless.

tamula Tue 22-Feb-05 10:26:46

I'm not certain, but check out the Co-op, they tend to be environmentally friendly and politically responsible with regard to their banking/investment policies.

Marina Tue 22-Feb-05 10:28:16

I'm not sure they're offering an eligible account Tarantula, but will look into that. Thanks

Marina Tue 22-Feb-05 10:28:42

Or even Tamula. Too many threads, not enough work! Sorry

anchovies Tue 22-Feb-05 10:38:02

The CIS one is the Co-ops, just launched

Marina Tue 22-Feb-05 10:47:54

Fab, the last time I checked, they were not on the list. Thanks Tamula

Marina Tue 22-Feb-05 10:48:36

What is it with my brain this morning. anchovies not Tamula. Sorry ladies.

Enid Tue 22-Feb-05 10:50:20

like a miracle, the very thing I have been angsting over, ta mumsnet

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: