Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

On-line filing at Comapnies House...Help??

(11 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 05-Sep-08 17:03:17

I'm supposed to be doing on-line filing for the Nursery Company - which has done nothing

I am stuck on the principal Business Activity - as I can't find Nursery - any ideas what I am?

MrVibrating Fri 05-Sep-08 20:57:53

KatyMac you need to bear in mind that the aborted nursery was going to be an expansion of your existing business, not a business started by a new company.

So any costs associated with setting up and administering this company (including the £15 filing fee) cannot be offset against your self employed child minding income.

Note that any invoices you have paid in the name of the company cannot be claimed as an expense of any other business.

For the SIC, as the company has been dormant since incorporation I would go for 7499 - non-trading company.

KatyMac Fri 05-Sep-08 21:22:58

I phoned them - I'm 'other'

It was intended to be a new company (so I didn't put any costs through anywhere)

I want to keep the name in case I am able to start it again & I think that if I do non-trading - the company is gone forever

ChasingSquirrels Fri 05-Sep-08 23:47:06

agree with non-trading, certainly wouldn't mean the company was gone.

KatyMac Sat 06-Sep-08 08:17:36

Really - I guess that's more duff information I've paid for sad - I seem to have done a lot of that hmm

ChasingSquirrels Sat 06-Sep-08 17:06:47

KM - who did you pay to tell you this? I assumed you rang companies house.

KatyMac Sat 06-Sep-08 17:16:10

The accountant told me to make it 'dormant' (is that the right word?) & I'd only have to pay the £15 filing fee each year

What's the difference between that & non-trading?

I'm not well today - so I guess that's why I am a little touchy I apologise if I'm typing rudely/a load of crap/with an attitude blush sorry

ChasingSquirrels Sat 06-Sep-08 17:54:03

dormant and non-trading are the same thing for the SIC codes (tecnically it could be non-trading but not dormant - ie have investment income - but I wouldn't worry about that).

KatyMac Sat 06-Sep-08 17:55:00

So dormant is OK?

ChasingSquirrels Sat 06-Sep-08 17:57:10

yes - dormant is fine

KatyMac Sat 06-Sep-08 17:59:01

panic over

The catalogue of errors I have unwittingly caused may (finally) be over

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now