Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

OMG my Mum has been impersonated by someone eek - long too

(12 Posts)
BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Sep-08 14:37:03

A letter from the council regarding her recent telephone complaint about about the noise from the pub down her lane, and enclosing a log sheet to note times and durations of the disturbances.

Erm, no says my Mum, on the phone to the council, we use the pub regularly as a family, wouldn't dream of complaining anyway plus the pub has been there for hundreds of years.

Oooh says council worker, let's do some double checking - the name quoted in the complaint was not in full, the telephone number was wrong although the address and first and last names were correct.

Council will investigate - appears to be malicious.

Admittedly the pub has rowdy times - eg bbq on bank holidays, but the landlords have good control and there is never any fighting, music/karaoke turned off by 11pm at the latest, usually before then.

Mum thinks that it is Mr and Mrs Newly-moved-in-grumpy-pants up the lane.

Coo, this is like some cop show...

DogsAreLikeBoys Fri 05-Sep-08 21:38:09

shock Woooooof!

themoon66 Fri 05-Sep-08 21:40:22

Wow. Brilliant. I might consider complaining about my neighbour's yapping dog by that method grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Sep-08 21:46:22

ooh hello Dogs grin

My mum quite indignant, mostly because we spend a lot of time there she would not complain full stop.

I did wonder vaguely if she ought to go to the Police hmm, but really no need as they have bigger fish to fry IYSWIM.

S1ur Fri 05-Sep-08 21:46:53

How strange.

Is your mum a person of especially good standing? Do new neighbours think her 'name' will protect them? Is your pub mafia run? Will heavies be round? shock

S1ur Fri 05-Sep-08 21:49:08

Boysie when did you get a stalker?

Did she come in a cereal packet? I'll swap you for a pack of crazybones

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Sep-08 21:49:29

(I am heavy har har har)

Yes, Ma is churchy widow.

And was strangely excited by this today grin

DogsAreLikeBoys Fri 05-Sep-08 21:52:20

[DogsAreLikeBoys tries on Slurp for size]

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Sep-08 21:53:55

grin

Slur - I like Dogs, we had fun a while back with a load of doggy impersonators.

(have no idea at all who it is though)

cargirl Fri 05-Sep-08 21:55:19

surely it's so when they sell their house they do not have to declare that they have made a complaint about their neighbours!

S1ur Fri 05-Sep-08 22:01:39

Goodoh Shan't put down the poisoned meaty treaty treats just now then.

grin

Dogsy - nice to meet you smile
hmm Dogsy? Doggy? Dogsby? hmm.....

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Sep-08 22:06:05

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now