Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can a bank change it's mind about wether it waives a charge?

(2 Posts)
SheBangsTheDrums Wed 03-Sep-08 13:15:52

Can anyone help??

Last month I went 3p overdrawn and recieved £57 in charges, I rang up the customer service centre and they agreed to waive the charges
When I got my next statement it said I would pay the charges on the 1st Sept, I rang again and was told they wouldn't take the charge out.
Well on Monday the money went out, so I rang again and they said they'd have to look into it. I gave them the ref numbers I was given during the previous calls and I was told those were the correct numbers but they'd have to listen to the phone calls between myself and staff members

So, if they've agreed to waive them can they now change thier minds and not refund me??

Thanks

AvenaLife Wed 03-Sep-08 22:43:17

It's not vey good customer service if they change their minds. Sometimes the person you talk to doesn't put it in correctly on the computer so the computer takes the charges out anyway. They need to have a look at the entry for the day you spoke to them to see what's there.

3p overdrawn is a pathetic excuse to charge someone IMO!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now