Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Halifax Customers

(7 Posts)
TinkerBellesMum Tue 02-Sep-08 13:15:56

I had an email this morning warning me that my account had been compromised and that I should follow a link to change my details, if I don't do this my account will be suspended.

I would be suspicious of that email even if I did have an account with Halifax!

Please look out for this email and remain vigilant. It's not really from the bank as it's going to none customers too.

herbietea Tue 02-Sep-08 13:21:26

Message withdrawn

bandgeek Tue 02-Sep-08 13:23:19

Never click on any links on emails received from banks - banks would not contact you this way. If there were any problems they would phone or write to you

sneekpeeks Tue 02-Sep-08 13:23:27

We constatly get emails from Lloyds and Halifax - neither we have accounts with !
Just delete

Tarantulip Tue 02-Sep-08 14:08:26

We get loads of these fake bank emails at work. I usually just delete them, but I discovered today that there is a website that gives help and advice on this, and also you can forward the emails to them. They try to find out where they originate from and archive them - www.millersmiles.co.uk (sorry can't do links)

MrsTittleMouse Tue 02-Sep-08 14:10:36

There is an Abbey one doing the rounds too. I phoned Abbey as I was suspicious and they confirmed that it was phishing. It was very professional-looking though. The scammers are obviously getting clever.

TinkerBellesMum Tue 02-Sep-08 23:55:45

Just noticed that whilst the letter is a bit more sophisticated than a Nigerian one, there are a few grammatical mistakes and Americanisms!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now