Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Taking exp to court for share of equity

(19 Posts)
rickman Sun 20-Feb-05 17:21:01

Message withdrawn

irishbird Sun 20-Feb-05 17:22:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rickman Sun 20-Feb-05 17:27:08

Message withdrawn

irishbird Sun 20-Feb-05 17:33:28

kalex Sun 20-Feb-05 17:35:15

Rickman,

1 you have 4 kids and there are his. In your favour.

2. how big is the house, for what I ccan remeber you were not living in a mansion. that goes in your favour.

3. He has a responsibility to make sure that his children are housed, and this hes been going on for about 8 months, as I remember and he has never gone to court asking for custody, - in his favour, you have always housed them, even when in temp accomd. (you lived with a sibling, I thinkyou bro for a while,) that counts against him. He had space and wouldnot leave for you to have the children in thier own surrounding,

Harman.

He is a DICK, Take him for everthing, The fact that you were pregnant makes even worssse in my humble opionion.

Goi for legal aid, you may have to pay it back if they percieve that you have made a profit on the transcation. Bot the pay back is means tested.

kalex Sun 20-Feb-05 17:36:44

I think what I am tryimg to say, in a roundabout way, the house is yours if you want it.

duster Sun 20-Feb-05 17:37:31

Rickman, try this site
ondivorce

Click on 'community' on the left hand side
click on 'legal and finances board' in the middle of the page.
A great help to me when divorcing.

Good luck.

rickman Sun 20-Feb-05 17:41:00

Message withdrawn

irishbird Sun 20-Feb-05 17:41:05

irishbird Sun 20-Feb-05 17:42:38

irishbird Sun 20-Feb-05 17:42:58

rickman Sun 20-Feb-05 17:44:20

Message withdrawn

irishbird Sun 20-Feb-05 17:45:14

rickman Sun 20-Feb-05 17:46:36

Message withdrawn

duster Sun 20-Feb-05 17:46:42

Rickman, please try the link. Didn't twig you weren't married, it's not a site exclusively for married people who are splitting up, despite the name. (a bit like mumsnet is used by dads too!)
I'm very surprised to learn that the children don't get taken into account when splitting the equity in a house, seems desperately unfair Worth double checking, maybe, each circumstance being different?

irishbird Sun 20-Feb-05 17:49:57

rickman Sun 20-Feb-05 18:04:16

Message withdrawn

kalex Sun 20-Feb-05 18:13:45

rickman Sory if I have given you bad info. but I still think if the house is in joint name and you have 4 kids together, he has a responsibliilty for the roof over their heads

My hugs and kises to you and all your little ones. i can remeber how awful this feels

mishmash Thu 24-Feb-05 00:32:21

H - you know who I am and am just giving you hugs, hugs, hugs - you don't deserve this!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now