Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone recommend a solicitor?

(10 Posts)
SillyMillysMummy Fri 29-Aug-08 16:25:45

A medical negligence specialist i think i need, we are in north east england and not sure what kind to use.

Thanks in advance

Hulababy Fri 29-Aug-08 16:33:11

Can ask DH (a solicitor) if he has any suggestions.

Where in NE are you?

Any clues as to what it is about, if you are not sure what type of lawyer you need this might help.

Fimbo Fri 29-Aug-08 16:37:16

Countess Dracula may be able to help. I think her dh may be this type of lawyer, (but don't quote me), he may know someone in your area.

pinkteddy Fri 29-Aug-08 16:38:05

Have you tried the AVMA (Action against medical accidents) website? They are an independent charity specialising in supporting people affected by medical accidents. See website

SillyMillysMummy Fri 29-Aug-08 16:48:52

Well its for my parents who live in Teeside, i live in Sunderland. It is for advice regarding being given the wrong epilepsy medication by a pharmacy, the pharmacy have offerred my parents £250 in writing as a goodwill gesture but it has severely affected my dads life and he has been off work for about 8 weeks now.

saladsucks Fri 29-Aug-08 16:50:53

If you go to the Law Society website they have a search engine for finding solicitors.
You can also look in the Legal 500 (it's online as well) who will tell you the best solicitors by area and speciality.

SillyMillysMummy Fri 29-Aug-08 16:54:52

Actually that made it sound just like we are after more money blush i didnt mean that, just that it seems that they already know they have done wrong iykwim

Hulababy Sun 31-Aug-08 11:10:20

DH has emailed his partner at work specialising in this area of law to see wht she has to say and for any recommendations nearer to you.

SillyMillysMummy Sun 31-Aug-08 17:16:38

Hulababy thanks loads smile

Lilymaid Sun 31-Aug-08 17:41:18

I've checked in Legal 500 for firms in "the north" and have come up with:
"National firm Irwin Mitchell has established a clear footprint in the North East since opening its Newcastle office four years ago. Complex and high-value claimant personal injury and clinical negligence claims are the firm’s forte.
Samuel Phillips Law Firm is strong in clinical negligence, family and employment work, while its commercial property unit is developing well. The high-profile and respected Barry Speker is senior partner."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now