Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Small claims court?

(6 Posts)
Itsthawooluff Fri 29-Aug-08 13:06:59

Sorry tale of woe. I ordered some goods from t'internet - they haven't been delivered. I've sent several chasing emails with read receipt which haven't been replied to, or opened. I've tried phoning and the person on the end of the phone claims not to have a clue. I paid via Paypal but they have a rule where if you don't open a dispute within 45 days of original transaction, they won't get involved. As I left a week or so after each email, and then went on holiday, I fall just outside their cutoff date.

I've got an address, so will try snail mail, but want to say that if I don't hear from them I will be starting a claim under the small claims court. Does anyone know the procedure please?

I'm trying to be fair to the small trader so haven't named the outfit concerned, but am increasingly P'd off, and getting into name and shame mode angry

AvenaLife Fri 29-Aug-08 13:12:20

www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk

Here you go.

MrsBoo Fri 29-Aug-08 13:13:50

I did this last year - and they were really helpful on the telephone and more or less talked me through the whole procedure.

Itsthawooluff Fri 29-Aug-08 13:15:20

Thank you very much grin

surreylady Fri 29-Aug-08 13:43:49

we were advised to write a 7 day letter - prior to going down the small claims route - i.e If you do not provide refund in full within 7 days (give date) I will take action via Small claims court with no further notice. Send it recorded/registered - this provides proof to court you have done due diligence - also they might pay up and save you the cost and hassle. good luck

Nappyzoneneedssleep Fri 29-Aug-08 13:46:47

We are about to set of down this route too - we got our large item but it was incorrect and would cost £50 to return which we have paid even though it was daamged and they have admitted it was wrong - anyway the git has now refused to accept delivery of the retunrned item and refund us so we now have to pay for it to be returned to us again. I am royally fecked off. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now