Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

We are surrendering our endowment. They have asked for ID

(2 Posts)
saltire Thu 28-Aug-08 11:41:43

for me only. They want photo ID and proof of address, so they know they are sending the cheque to the correct person.
I have rung them up and asked why just me, why not ask for DH as well. They said it's because they want to make sure the cheque is sent to the correct person.
I pointed out that DH could be the wrong person, but they wouldn't have it. it's very difficult communicating with someone who doesn't have Englsih as their first language and can't understand a Scots accent hmm.

How they can tell it's me from photo ID if they don't have anything to compare it with, I don't know. I don't have a driving licence or passport, so they want me to send my Forces Dependants ID card through the post!
DH says I'm not to!

DaisySteiner Thu 28-Aug-08 11:50:16

I don't think it's the photo as such, but because photo ID such as passport requires fairly rigorous checks when they're issued.

Does seem odd that they don't want your dh's though. Think putting it in writing is probably the only thing you can really do though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now