Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Some help re. CTC and WFTC - PLEEEEEASE

(8 Posts)
StealthMouse Fri 18-Feb-05 13:09:28

Ok, I'm a full-time working single parent and I currently claim credits.

I, out of interest, today wanted to know how much I'd be entitled to if my nursery fees went up so I went onto the website and did all the calculations. I was v. surprised to say the laast about the outcome so I went through and did it again with my current costs/income etc

I was told I was entitled to about twice as much as I'm currently getting - is this right?!?!? or is the website renowned for being wrong?

it's just the amount of money i said I'd be entitled to would help a lot!

What should I do? is it worth calling them to query it? seems odd it's so different when they have exactly the same data as I entered

tia

MarsLady Fri 18-Feb-05 13:13:21

DH asked if you included all unearned income like child benefit and child tax credit? Also any contributions from x.

Aimsmum Fri 18-Feb-05 13:17:06

Message withdrawn

purpleturtle Fri 18-Feb-05 13:24:05

I've always found the helpline quite helpful (when you can get through!) It would be worth calling them to ask if they can check it for you. It's not like you actually have anything to lose, and you could certainly gain by it. Ring them!

Potty1 Fri 18-Feb-05 13:37:10

I always read WFTC as 'What The F* Credit' - pretty much sums up my experience with them

Aimsmum Fri 18-Feb-05 13:44:05

Message withdrawn

StealthMouse Fri 18-Feb-05 13:45:06

<sigh> I phoned them and they said what I was getting was correct. Oh well, can't believe a website could be so wrong. I've looked at the figures again and it is exactly double what I currently get.

saffy202 Fri 18-Feb-05 18:14:15

I know that when I looked at the website this time last year - the figures seemed wrong until I realised that the figures given were only up till the next tax year - not sure of exact date but say the 6th April. Therefore divide the figure over the amount of weeks left till 6th April and that should give you a better idea.

Hope that makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now