Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

child benefit and child tax credit when second child arrives

(5 Posts)
happynappies Tue 26-Aug-08 14:47:24

Hi - I'm finding it difficult finding out how much I will be entitled to next year when #2 arrives, tried entitledto and the gov website but haven't got a clear answer about child tax credits. I'm assuming child benefit will be £125.40 a month.

Does anyone know where you can find out how much you will receive in child tax credit? Our income is about £30k, no childcare costs, and will have two children. Many many thanks.

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 26-Aug-08 14:49:20

Message withdrawn

kerryk Tue 26-Aug-08 14:50:39

c.b sounds about right.

our tax credits jumped up a lot in the first year then have gone down a fair bit every year since.

i think when i had dd2 we were on about the same wage as you and had 2 dc, we were getting about £50 a week.

happynappies Tue 26-Aug-08 14:56:15

thanks for your help - you'd think they'd make it a bit easier to understand (then again, maybe I'm asking too much!)

Funbags Sat 30-Aug-08 00:57:59

here we go:

baby's CTAX 1090 p/a
plus child CTAX 545 p/a
1st child hb 18.80 p/w
2nd child 12.55 p/w

the CTAX taper does not apply until your income is much higher so you'll get the bog standard amount for each child. The baby's CTAx will reduce to 545 p/s once baby is one year old (you get double for the 1st year)

see this page

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now