Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Just had a weeks holiday in a caravan , first 3 days without hot water and gas??! help!

(4 Posts)
Sixer Sat 23-Aug-08 22:06:33

On the first evening the site offered a meal ticket at their cafe including a drink. The cafe ran out of food. We were told to go and get food from the fish and chip shop!! we accepted due to hunger, it was awful. The next day nothing was given. I think we had to go and ask for a voucher from reception for breakfast. we didn't bother knowing the cafe ran out of food the day before. This went on from saturday afternoon until monday 10am. Even then the gas went off on Monday evening so we couldn't cook in our caravan. I really don't know how to tackle this. I complained on site along with 400 other guests, and was told to put it in writing when we arrive home. I Would really appreciate a little guidance on this or help of any kind with writing to them. It feels so wrong that we had no cooking facilities or hot water.

freshayrshire Sat 23-Aug-08 22:25:47

Try Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 - they should give you advice on how to complain/put in a claim. Good luck!

Clayhead Tue 26-Aug-08 09:30:29

I had a similar situation last year. I spoke to Consumer Direct and they were fab. They advised me to expect to write several letters, keep it brief and as objective as possible, state the differences between what was advertised and what was received and ask for a specific and reasonable sum for compensation.

It took me about 5 or 6 letters, lots of persistence (don't be fobbed off by letters from the company, keep going until you get what you asked for)and until October but I got some money back.

Good luck.

forevercleaning Thu 28-Aug-08 12:41:36

how awful, think you should name and shame this site, right here and now.

You should expect a refund for all the problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now