Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

advice needed please

(6 Posts)
debbie102 Wed 20-Aug-08 13:58:33


some time ago i posted about the problems i was having , with dh and kids, its come to crunch point now and what with my ill health as well ive managed to do somehting about it. after long time searching for somewhere ive found a landlord that will let me rent a house from him. so its all systems go. problems i thought were over i have new ones now. ive scraped together enough for a deposit as he wanted but i now have to make the house livable for three kids beds furniture etc, ive been in contact with the dss an they have said there is no funding available to me anything. i could apply for a budgeting loan or a crisis loan but id be worrying bout paying that back as ive just gonna have enough to live on as it is let alone any extras. is there anyone who has been in a similar situation and can give me some advice - i carnt afford to get into debt and dont want to to be honest had eenough sleepless nights, ive put ads on here in household for cheap things but is there anyone who know where i can get some help.

LoveMyGirls Wed 20-Aug-08 14:03:41

try freecycle (website where things are advertised and given away free if you collect in your area)or ask for a community care grant from dss (i had one for £1000 but this was 9 years ago so things have probably changed)

tamarto Wed 20-Aug-08 14:04:27

Try the local freecycle group, also there maybe a local charity that will give you or sell you cheaply furniture that has been donated you'd get that info from the council office. Good luck with it all xx

debbie102 Wed 20-Aug-08 14:08:45

ive tried freecycle, but i dont drive. and as soon as post email to them the stuff has gone had no luck there. dss has said there is no cc grant any longer thanks thou for advice x

ohnoherewego Wed 20-Aug-08 14:11:51

Salvation Army may be able to help or a charity called Bethel(but not sure if they are just in the Midlands,

Good luck

LIZS Wed 20-Aug-08 14:13:02

Is there a charity in the area for gettign things cheaply - we have Furnistore around here and Salvation Army. Ask your council housing office for a recommendation or they may do a rent deposit scheme so you could use that money for furnishings.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: