Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I appear to have lost dd2's CTF cheque...

(12 Posts)
ravenAK Sun 17-Aug-08 23:02:27

...it might turn up given a thorough search tomorrow, but is not in the 'Stuff Pertaining to Children, Not Yet Dealt With' drawer. blush

Does anyone know if I can get a duplicate if I can't find it?

<mental note to get on top of all filing tomorrow>

Ewe Sun 17-Aug-08 23:04:28

Not sure about duplicate but I was told that if account isn't open by 12mths it happens automatically, I think!

LackaDAISYcal Sun 17-Aug-08 23:06:35

You know I have been reminding myself about this for ages. I only have till the end of August to use it or the government will invest it for me.

<puts on list of things to definately do this week>

ravenAK Sun 17-Aug-08 23:13:52

I've opened the account - did it online this evening. Just don't have the cheque to send them - assumed it would be in the drawer with everything else <sigh>

ilovemydog Sun 17-Aug-08 23:21:49

There is a unique reference number, I seem to remember. Must be a way to track it down. Call HMRC in the morning? Am sure you're not the first to lose it!

bellabelly Sun 17-Aug-08 23:46:07

Here is a link to the website - you can use this form to request a replacement voucher or phone the hotline.

ravenAK Mon 18-Aug-08 09:24:49

phew! Found it!

Thanks for all the help. grin

nervousal Mon 18-Aug-08 09:40:10

I think that if you don't use it to open your own account the Gov opens one automatically for you.

fiodyl Mon 18-Aug-08 15:01:54

Glad you found it, but you could have ordered a replacement, I had to as I lost Dss one. It still hasn't turned up over a year later.

LackaDAISYcal Mon 18-Aug-08 20:59:09

have ordered a replacement, but it says it will take up to a month! I'm meant to use it by the end of August!!!

where can I find information about the government investing it for you? None of the links I've followed seem to tell you that.

Ivegotaheadache Tue 19-Aug-08 11:26:01

They won't send another one out to you if it's due to expire by the time it reaches you, so you have to order it at least 15 days before it expires. But they will invest it into a random account 6 weeks after the expiry date and when they send you the details of that account, you can just transfer the amount into an account of your choice.

LackaDAISYcal Tue 19-Aug-08 12:55:28

thanks headache smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now