Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Residential Landlord and Tenant Law opinion required.

(2 Posts)
Robeena Sun 17-Aug-08 19:50:39

Since handing in our notice we have had a poor relationship with both the Landlord and Letting Agent. It was only the week before we moved out that they sent an email saying we owed 'Commission Charges' although they would not provide a detailed list of what that was. We also chased down our deposit which was eventually photocopied and emailed to us by the Letting Agent, it was only lodged with a deposit scheme 2 months after we had moved in and there are no signatures on the certificate.

We moved out of our rental property 2 Saturdays ago, the landlord has informed us by email that the Letting Agent has told them that we did not pay the last 2 weeks rent and that we left the property in such a state that they had to send in cleaners. Which surprises me as the new tenant moved in on the Monday

I luckily have reciepts from the cleaners we sent in (carpet and other) plus I have photos taken on the day we left which are dated with that days newspaper. Also we had our own inventory done and I took photos of that as well. We also have our bank statement which proves the last two weeks rent was paid before we moved out.

What I need to know is:
Where do we stand on the deposit certificate as it is dated 8 weeks after we moved in and we were never given a copy.
The certificate is unsigned - does this mean anything?
Is it worth me pursuing the 3 X deposit claim?
The resolution we wanted was to pay a small fee for ending our assured shorthold tenancy early, but it looks like they want to take everything and more. Please can anyone advise - I am 8 weeks from giving birth to my 3rd child so a quick response would be appreciated.

plantsitter Mon 18-Aug-08 08:28:43

don't know but bumping for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now